Below is what I believe to be the best Mp3 players for running and keep fit in 2019.
The Sony NW-ZWS613 BLK Mp3 player
You will struggle to have any Mp3 better than the Sony NW-ZW613 BLK. The device is one of the best that ticks the list for everything an Mp3 should have; it is a comfortable, high-quality sound system with Bluetooth connectivity. The device can also be connected to your smartphone and used for answering calls even with your phone at home.
- It has 4GB internal memory space
- 3 minutes quick charge will run for 1 hour of continuous play
- It is waterproof and can serve for swimmers too
- It comes with a small ring remote control that allows you to control the device without tapping on the control button
- It also keeps track of your heart rate during a run
- The low volume is not low enough.
The Apple iPod Nano 16GB Mp3 player
Like any Apple products, the Nano iPod 7th generation is built to last with excellent features that every runner should have, aside from producing music, the 2.5-inch touch display unit also acts as a pedometer, and tracker. It keeps a record of the calories burned, distance covered and heart rate. The device is worth every penny spent. Unlike other devices, the iPod Nano needs a shake to reshuffle all your playlist and enjoy every song with every run.
- It is Bluetooth enabled with excellent sound quality with or without the headphones
- A large display surface that allows you to watch TV
- It is compatible with iTunes and easy to download music.
- It has 30 hours of battery time when fully charged
- It is very expensive, even though it`s worth it
The Sony NW –E394 Walkman MP3 Player
This Digital Mp3 player is lightweight and easy to import songs from your PC or Mac with a drag and drop interface to get all the songs you need on your device. The control panel is simple to understand and user-friendly buttons.
- It has an 8GB internal storage system with good quality sound systems
- The battery lasts 35 hours when fully charged
- It can also be used to store your pictures
- It has an inbuilt FM radio function
- It is compatible with PCM, AAC, MP3, and WMA file format.
- It has no sleep function
- It does not have Bluetooth function
The Klangtop Mp3 Player
The design and build quality of the Klangtop is rather unique. It comes with an 8GB internal storage unit that can be extended to 32GB with an external sound system. The Mp3 player is
The Klangtop Mp3 player has Bluetooth 4.0 and supports devices with Bluetooth from 2.0 to 4.0 that allows you to import song for that device. The battery is a 300mAh rechargeable one that takes one and a half hours to charge and lasts 30 hours with continuous play with your headphone. The charge lasts 8 – 10 hours when the Bluetooth mode is switched on.
- It is very lightweight and easy to carry about
- Fm radio allows you to
listento your favourite radio show on the run or listen to music
- It acts as a stopwatch and a timer.
- It is not compatible with iTunes and when Bluetooth is on the FM radio does not function
The ScanDisk Clip Sport
The most obvious feature with the Scandisk is the size; the Mp3 player is very portable and lightweight. The entire unit only weighs 28 grams with a
It has two buttons for direction and navigation of the playlist. It comes with a 3.5mm headphone port, an SD card section for 4, 8 or 16GB flash memory card, and a USB port that allows you connect to another device or your computer to import songs. Other features of the Scandisk are a stopwatch, FM radio, a memory switch that starts off the song wherever it stops on the playlist, and a quick charge time with 20 – 25 hours of continuous play with a
- It has an 8GB inbuilt memory with expandable storage
- It has a Stopwatch and timer
- It is Compact, durable, and long battery life
- Excellent quality sound even with the headphones out
- The device may freeze after functioning for a long time
- The SD card slot has no cover
- It has no recording section
AGPTEK G02 Mini Mp3 with Sweat proof covers
The AGPtEK has an 8GB internal storage system with the play, pause, forward or rewind buttons clearly indicated on the device. The rubber glove around the Mp3 player allows runners to use during wet weathers.
The AGPtEK internal storage can hold up to 2000 songs with an FM radio inbuilt for a better musical option. The battery takes 2-3 hour to charge and lasts only 9 hours with continuous play. It has a friendly user interface that allows you to download music faster than most Mp3’s in the market and comes at a very cheap price.
- A back clip that allows easy attachment to your running attire
- Very light and extremely portable
- FM radio available as an option for listening to music
- Good value for money
- A shuffle button that is easy to use
- It is durable and does not go off or freeze after long use or when wet
- The earpiece that comes with the unit is not the best quality
- No SD slot on the device
The Sony Walkman NWZ W273 Mp3 Player
Although the Sony Walkman is for swimmers, the miniature, and portable Mp3 player is an excellent device for runners with excessive sweat issues.
The Mp3 player design is very beautiful and stays in your ears without disturbing you during your run. It has 2 storage options; a 4GB and an 8GB which can hold up to 1000 songs for a small design. The NWZ W273 is comfortable with an adjustable loop to sit behind your head with excellent sound quality that allows you to concentrate on your workout without problems.
The playlist is easy to create or delete, the wireless nature allows you to import songs from windows or other devices. The battery takes one and a half hours to charge and lasts up to 8 hours of continuous play.
- It has 4GB of inbuilt memory that can be expanded to 8GB
- It is waterproof and sweatproof
- A 3-minute quick charge of the battery lasts for 1 hour
- The battery lasts up to 8 hours after nearly 2 hours charge
- The sound quality is excellent and fits perfectly into your ears
- It is a bit expensive
- Low bass
The Philips GoGear Raga Portable Mp3 Player
The Philips GoGear is a beautifully designed, user-friendly device that comes in different colours to fit your outfit. The Mp3 has a display screen of 128 by 64 with easy to use buttons that includes an off/on button, play, rewind, volume controls, track changing, fast forward, rewind, and pause buttons. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack port and a micro USB port used to charge the device.
The battery of the Philips Mp3 has a quick charge system. A 6-minute charge gives it 1 hour of play time. The battery takes 2 hours to charge and last 15 hours which will take you for a marathon run without stress
- It comes in different
colours– black, red, pink, and purple
- It is compatible with Mp3, WAV, and WMA systems
- The GoGear Raga Mp3 player is durable, solidly built, and a wonderful sound system that makes them one of the best on the market
- It has excellent sound surround giving you good bass during running
- Songs are easily downloaded from iTunes or from the Philips songbird software free of charge
- An inbuilt memory function that allows you to start your song from where it stops without going back and an FM radio function for listening to the radio while you run
- You can customize the functionality, the device also has a shuffle and navigate button that allows you to scan through your playlist with ease.
- No space for memory expansion
- It does not come with a clip so your running outfit should have a pocket
The SanDisk Clip Jam Mp3 Player
The very obvious feature is the monochromatic screen that displays the song and artist name to let you know who is playing while you run. The model comes in 5 different
The Mp3 player is easy to use and upgrades and works well with WMA and Mp3 file formats and is easy to transfer files to and from the unit. Like other Mp3 players, the SanDisk has an inbuilt memory system that lets the Mp3 start where it last stopped playing. It has an excellent battery life of 18 hours when fully charged
- It has an inbuilt 4GB memory space for storing large collections of songs
- It is very compact and durable
- It has an FM radio and has audiobook and podcast support
- It is easy to shuffle the music playlist
- It has lock buttons, sleep mode with an SD card that can store 32GB worth of music
- It is pretty darn cheap
- Does not have a power button specifically, but the entire face is the power button of the device
The Water Proof iPod Shuffle
I believe that this is one of the best waterproof mp3 players you can get for exercise and sport. The Underwater audio waterproof iPod shuffle is designed to help you conveniently gain access to your playlist even underwater without any need for carrying extra waterproof bags or cases, just you and your iPod.
One fantastic thing that makes this music player unique is that there is no special headphones or earbuds cable with rubber gaskets, or screw threads or any other conventional ways of waterproofing. Here, it is just simple, an iPod that is able to function underwater.
- It is waterproof and allows you to use even underwater
- The controls sometimes are stiff and might take some time before you get used to it
- There is a possibility of the waterproof casing wearing off
The AGPTEK A26 MP3 Player
If you are looking for a durable wireless music player that will guarantee
The product comes with a wearable clip which makes it easier to tag it along on your kit as you exercise The product is Bluetooth enabled which helps to reduce cables and wires. It comes with a silicone waterproof case. It has a 30 hours playback capacity and an 8gb internal memory space and can accommodate up to 64 GB external memory.
- This product is Bluetooth enabled which reduces the cords and wires you carry around
- It also has an excellent audio quality
- The earbuds might be discomforting sometimes as using it over some period begins to hurt the ear
The Pyle active action
The Pyle active action is a nice slick style wrap around Mp3 player coming in at a fairly affordable price. As with most Mp3’s that are ideal for running and outdoor activities this bit of kit is 100% waterproof.
One of the nice features of this Mp3 is that it is also targeted to the swimmers amongst us. It comes with a waterproof horn that nicely enhances the sound of the bass underwater. Worth taking into consideration if you’re a bit of a ‘bass’ head. They also claim that they are safe to use underwater to a depth of 3 metres (10 ft).
Regarding the storage of the active action, it comes with 8gb built into it. Which basically means on average you should be able to download and store up to 1800 songs. Let’s face it guys that’s enough of a choice for most of us to choose from.
The built-in rechargeable battery takes roughly 2.5 hours to charge and should keep you going for about 5.5 to 6 hours. The Pyle Mp3 is charged via a USB, so whilst downloading tracks from your Pc or laptop, it will also be charging. So if you are after the best Mp3 player for running, this one is well worth a look.
- It’s a pretty affordable price
- It’s 100% waterproof
- It also has an FM radio
- Universal size fits most people
- The replaceable earbuds can be tricky to fit
- It only plays randomly or Alphabetically
The Victure M5
Made of metal rather than plastic, this Mp3 really stands out as a nice product compared to the others in the same price range. The shell itself is very hard-wearing claiming to be both abrasion-resistant and corrosion-resistant.
The Victure M5 comes with a built-in FM stereo, so if you get a bit bored of your downloaded material just switch over to your favourite radio station instead.
The sound quality for a low price range Mp3 is quite impressive. With this particular model you can choose between 7 different music settings. These include Jazz, Hip-hop, Classical, Rock, Techno, Funk and Custom, covering most of your music preferences.
The battery is equally as impressive on the Victure M5. On a 1.5 hour full charge (which can be charged via computer or standard charger) Victure state you can get 100 hours usage at 60% volume, which I think you will agree is pretty blooming good.
The device itself comes with 8gb of storage built-in, but with the help of a micro-sd card, this can be upgraded to 64gb. With a 1.8-inch colour screen, headphones, USB cable and 12 months warranty included with this Mp3 it really is worth a look if you are after a cheap Mp3 for running or keep fit.
What are the best Mp3 players for running
Are you a fitness fanatic and an audiophile? Are you looking for the best MP3 players for running in 2019? Are you searching for better ways to work out and listen to music without being interrupted by a call on your phone?
How does music affect your running performance?
It is quite weird how most sports or fitness people use music during their activity, but does music have any effect on your performance or is it a cultural thing to have your ears covered to the outside distractions and make you focus on your destination and goal. Sports psychologists state that music boosts your running performance by 15%, making you a better runner than non-music runners.
Based on the use of music in running; there are two types of runners: the associator runner who doesn’t see how music can help you become a better runner and would gladly do without it and the dissociator runner who believe that music affects their running performance.
They believe that the tempo of the music increases or decreases the speed of your foot movement. In addition, exercise scientists have always said that fatigue in sports people is caused when the muscles or the cardiorespiratory system tires out, but recent studies found out that the brain imposes these limitations of tiring on the body to prevent it from overworking.
It also shows that music is a motivational element of the brain to push it past the limitations and increases the runner’s performance. What do you think; is it music from your device or your mind? Well, whatever your thoughts are, there are reasons why you should have one even if your phone is okay.
Why are Mp3 players best for running?
- The Mp3 allows you to listen to high-quality music without interruption and the device is exclusively dedicated to music alone.
- The Mp3 is designed for long-time players and as such, they are built with a durable and long battery life that can play a large range of music, unlike your phone that may run out of battery soon into your run.
- The Mp3 device allows you to carry your playlist in a portable device and it also makes you focus on your running without the interruption of a phone call ruining or breaking your run.
- The Mp3 player allows you to compile your own music playlist that boosts your performance and helps you beat your records each time you run.
Guides to buying the best Mp3 for running
When in the market for an Mp3, chances are you will find too many choices to choose from – designs, brands, storage space, battery life, cost, ease of use, sound quality, and portability among other guides to buying the best Mp3 in the market, however, before buying one, consider the following questions first.
How much do you want to spend on an Mp3?
The best Mp3 player for running can cost from as little as a 30 pounds to over 300 pounds, the cost of the device depends on the use of the player. For true music lovers and dissociate runners, a good Mp3 player should not set you back an outrageous price. The features of the player are also a priority such as Bluetooth, connectivity, a display unit, storage
What should the best Mp3 for running involve
It depends a lot on what you want to use the Mp3 for, choose a suitable Mp3 player for the purpose that it is needed for. Nowadays, the Mp3 comes in portable and easy to use devices that fit well into a persons exercise routine. A good device should be easy to use and produce good quality sounds regardless of how you use it.
How much storage space?
Mp3 players are known to accommodate large collections of different music. The hard drive of Mp3 players are heavy and not portable, but there is a flash memory of 64GB that is capable of storing in excess of 8000 songs to keep you on your feet during every run.
Well, if you are running in the great outdoors under any weather condition or even swimming, the waterproof Mp3 player is the best device that will allow you to listen to music and still enjoy a quality run or swim. They are fairly new to the Mp3 market but already gaining popularity.
The battery life
The battery life for each Mp3 player device differs, while some can play non-stop for over 50 hours, some run out after just 5 hours of play. However, it is wise to know that Mp3 devices that run on hard drives run out faster than the devices that use flash drives.
The ease of use
You don’t want an Mp3 with too many instructions and upgrades before or during a run. A good Mp3 player for running should allow you to scan through your playlist without stress, delete old songs and input new favourites. A display section and a user-friendly interface make a good Mp3 player.
The days of infrared connection have given way to the use of Bluetooth wireless connectivity. An Mp3 player with Bluetooth functionality allows you to connect with other devices wirelessly to import or export songs. Most Bluetooth Mp3 players come with external audio that allows you to listen to music in your car or through a wireless earpiece or headphones.
There are several Mp3 players in the market with good features, but the above is the best that
Always read through the customer reviews as they will provide you with a blunt review of the product without sugar coating it. A good Mp3 should be compatible with other devices and applications with fast download times and longer battery duration to run the distance.
Whatever your exercise routine is; the best Mp3 player for running is the best companion that keeps your feet moving every time. Mp3 with extra functions such as Bluetooth, viewing display screens, and the ability to fit into your exercise or running routine will be an added advantage. If you like running and need a new sports bottle please