THE BEST TREADMILLS FOR HOME USE
Top 10 Treadmills in 2020
Treadmills are a way of fitness for those that want to exercise, especially when it comes to running and walking, but don’t really have the time for the great outdoors. So if you are looking for the best treadmills for home use in 2020 then please read on. They are convenient and mimic the outdoor cliffs and climbs, but the best treadmills for using in your home have a weird and rather rich history.
The best treadmills for home use were used for many other activities such as churning butter, grinding grains, and for punishment. Later they were then used for punishing the poor during the Victorian era, and in 1875, they even helped churn butter.
They were not used for exercise until 1952 when the first one was built for medical purposes. They have since evolved from what they were at the beginning and are now used not only in medical practice for heart and lung disease diagnosis, but are the mainstay in the fitness industry, sports, Olympic training, gyms, and in our homes.
Types of treadmills that are best for home use
There are three main types namely: manual, motorized, and hybrid. The manual treadmill as the name suggests doesn’t run on electricity but operates when the user starts to move over its roller-based tread belts. They are the most common and least expensive type in the marketplace. These do lack all the endearing qualities and features of the modern treadmills such as a wider belt and are not the most durable.
- They are very quiet, unlike a motorized version
- They have fewer parts to maintain so you don’t have to worry about broken parts that are expensive to fix
- Exercisers burn more calories using a manual treadmill because the speed of the roller depends on the movement and weight of the user as there are no motors to move the belts.
- The manual treadmills don’t have inbuilt exercises like a motorized treadmill
- The exerciser finds it difficult to use in the initial stage
- They are less sturdy and the belts are not durable
The Motorized Treadmill
These ones have motors installed in them that make them move when plugged into a power source. They are found in most fitness centers and are excellent for running, jogging, and walking.
- Strong and durable with various exercise modes to suit the exerciser.
- They provide a smooth running or walking surface for the user
- They are large and consume more space than conventional treadmills because of their inbuilt motors
- Quite heavy and more expensive
The Hybrid Treadmill
These treadmills combine the qualities of a motorized treadmill with a stepper, or elliptical machine. They are excellent ways of burning more calories and also target other areas aside from the lower part of the body.
- They are excellent for full-body workouts at home
Buying the best treadmills for home use
There are a few tips to consider when buying one of the best treadmills for home use, which are:
A flexible budget is the best starting point when buying a treadmill. Basically, what you pay for is what you get. They can range in price from £100 to above £1000 depending on the brand, manufacturer, applications, and amenities. You should check out more than one before settling for one of your choices.
This is the second rule in choosing one. The bodyweight of the users and how long they intend to spend on it during use. One trick to get the best out of your machine is to add 50 extra pounds to your body weight.
A treadmill varies in usage. A marathon, professional runner, or a sprinter should go for ones with higher speed limits and at least a belt of 60-inches long. An interval runner should opt for one with AC motors. AC motors adjust faster to speed changes than DC motors and if you are a dedicated walker at home, a good treadmill with a lower max speed with a shorter belt will do just fine.
Treadmills are big and consume space, so make sure you have enough space to accommodate one before getting it. However, if your space is small, consider buying a folding one and pay attention to the brands and dimensions of the machine.
Thanks to technology and advancement in fitness machines, some of the best treadmills for home use offer some types of software or app integration that are accessible with either a WiFi or Bluetooth. Some offers come with a price tag so make sure you know this before buying one.
Well, nobody wants to return one after buying one, but it is important to have the manufacturer’s warranty and make sure they honor their word. When purchasing a treadmill, please take out the time to read the warranty section of the manual and get it right. However, manufacturer’s warranties have greatly improved over the years and I am sure you won’t have anything to worry about after payments. Most carry a warranty of 3 years.
The treadmill is not a one-size-fits-all machine as it caters to the specific needs of the exerciser and just like running shoes; a good bit of kit is stable, rigid, and durable.
A good treadmill should go up to 10 miles per hour to get the most from your workout.
They should mimic outdoor running, so having one that inclines at least 10% and declines too will give you the satisfaction of running outside.
A good running platform should have enough cushioning effect to absorb the shock from the exerciser’s foot impact with every step.
The control panel should be within arm’s length from the user for quick access with easy to use control panels.
It is best to buy one with high steel frames as they are stronger and more durable than aluminum. Try to avoid plastic frames, wood, and painted frames for your safety and security because they are not durable.
A good and stable treadmill should be at least 2-inches or more in diameter and be solidly built for durability and strength. Try and avoid ones with hollow rollers they can break easily with continuous use.
Things to avoid when choosing the best Treadmills for home use
- Do not buy one that is noisy when walking at a low-speed or running at a high-speed. The motor should stay quiet all the time
- The belt does not move smoothly. If the belt slips, slides or slips off the center stay away from it
- The deck feels uncomfortable or does not accommodate your size during running or walking
- It does not feel stable when inclined
- The control panel is not reachable during exercises
Are Treadmills Dangerous?
There are no known death records yet from using a treadmill that I know of, but injuries are not impossible. Some tips for staying safe on one are:
- Don’t place objects on the deck to avoid tripping or falling
- Keep the control panel locked so that kids don’t press the buttons
- Don’t jump on or off a moving treadmill
- Do not use a treadmill with your barefoot
- Don’t adjust the speed and incline at the same time, but one after the other
- Use the safety belt for first-timers
- Don’t depend on the handrails for support when falling
- Don’t put any liquid on the control panels to avoid spills
- Always look forward when on one
- If you keep to these precautions, you will experience fewer accidents on them
Benefits of using a Treadmill
Are you searching for a good exercise regime that works for the entire body, then a treadmill is one of your best options. They allow you to get the best cardiovascular exercise in the comfort of your home. You will not become super fit overnight, but consistent use of it will make you lose weight and burn belly fat with ease.
Why are Treadmills good Exercise Equipment?
- They are easy to use
- They keep track of your activities
- Treadmills allow you to lose weight easily and gradually
- They help strengthen your heart and prevent heart-related diseases
- Can improve and give your muscle definition
- They make you adhere to your weight loss/fitness regimen since it is within your home.
Top 10 best treadmills for home use
Some of the best treadmills for home use are stated below for your perusal. They are all available with easy shipping.
The PremierFit T100 Treadmill
The PremierFit T100 treadmill is a folding motorized machine that offers more for the price. It comes with a 2-year warranty on the frame and parts with a lifetime warranty on the electric motor. PremierFit T100 has 12 built-in exercise programs and 3 manual programs with a large LED display unit for clear and easy to read instructions during exercise.
The control panel is well detailed allowing the user to record and keep track of their exercises. The PremierFit T100 has a manufacturer incline recommendation of 4% and a speed range of between 1 -10 Km/h with a good alternation between the high and low intensity to boost calorie burn to meet your health or weight goals faster.
Features of the PremierFit T100
- It has a built-in iPad holder that allows you to watch TV or follow an exercise routine
- It has AUX input speakers that mean you don’t need headphones
- Two separate cup holders to hold your drinks to prevent spills
- It has a built-in towel rail and the unique folding design that means that it can be stored away when not in use
- A unique safety measure is an emergency cut off cord.
- It is easy to assembly with a detailed manual too
- It accommodates a weight of 90 kg
- Good range of workouts and data that help with fitness programs
- The deck feels unstable with intense workouts
The Olympic Motorized Folding Treadmill
The Olympic motorized folding treadmill will definitely keep you in when the weather is bad. It is the cheapest affordable homeowner treadmill on here and excellent for home runners and walkers. So if you are on a budget. This could be the one for you.
- It has emergency stop activation for safety during workouts
- The running deck is 100 by 32.5 cm
- A low and high-speed setting of 0 km/h and 10 km/h
- It has three preset programs for varying workouts
- It is very affordable and ideal for first timers
- A good computer console to keep track of your progress
- It is easy to assemble and fold away
- It can accommodate a weight of 100 kg
- The deck is narrow and isn’t comfortable for a bigger person
- It doesn’t come with an incline button
The JLL T350 Digital Folding Treadmill
If you are willing to spend good money on a durable, high-quality treadmill, then the JLL T350 maybe your best bet. It is a great piece of equipment with great running ability. The digital control technology allows for an easy transition through different speed settings. It comes with a 5.5 inch LCD display unit with adjustable brightness, wireless technology and 20 programs and incline levels. This could be a contender for one of the best treadmills for home use.
- A 20 level incline for accelerated training and weight loss
- It comes with a 16-point cushion system on the running deck to absorb the impact during training to prevent injuries to your joints
- It has inbuilt sensor handrails
- 20 preset programs and 3 that are within your control
- A heart rate monitor and good music speaker
- An adjustable speed range from 0.3 km/h and up
- It has a good design and durable
- It can accommodate a weight of 120 kg
- Easy to use, assemble, and fold away
- Good technological features, making it one
Fitness club folding treadmill
The fitness club treadmill is the ideal machine to help you stay in shape at home. It is best for walking, jogging, and running with excellent running deck cushion for your ankles, knees, and back.
- A multi-function display panel that records your speed, distance, time, and call to keep track of your progress
- Excellent for runners and competitive trainers
- Low motor noise with an emergency stop for safety
- Safe and convenient handlebar to control the speed and incline level
- One free twist plate and EU power adapter
- A 10% incline rate with 10 km/h speed
- The treadmill dimension is 120 x 60 x 120 cm
- It is a great piece of machine for young and old exercisers
- Cup and bottle holder
- Steady and textured handlebar
- Strong and durable frame
- Wheels for easy movement and storage
- It has 12 inbuilt programs excellent for weight loss, interval training, fat burning, and keeping fit
- It is easy to assemble
XM-PRO Dynamic Treadmill
The XM-PRO treadmill is probably the UK’s number 1 home treadmill that is lightweight, foldable, and excellent for small spaces. The XM-PRO comes with a free fruit infusion bottle, 3 free eBooks, a complete guide for running and fitness on a treadmill, and a treadmill maintenance guide with a healthy eating guide for the user. It comes with a 2-year warranty on motor and parts. Is this one of the best treadmills for home use? Please let us know in the comments below.
- A wireless inbuilt speaker to allow you listen to music from your Android or iPad
- A hand control, heart rate sensors, and calorie counter
- Large running deck of 1100 x 400 mm
- It has a maximum speed of 1.5 CHP with a 1000W powerful motor
- Large LCD display
- It has an extreme grip running belt with auto lube
- Has a 3 level incline of 10%
- It has 16 auto programs and a manual
- It is easy to assemble and accommodates a weight of 110kg
The JLL S400 Premium Digital Motorized Treadmill
This is a good home/gym treadmill for running, walking, and jogging. The treadmill produces enough power to challenge even professional runners with its 16 kph and 20% incline level. This is an excellent machine for competitive training, marathon runners, and the simple homeowner wanting to be fit. It comes with two cup holding areas as with all JLL machines. It’s a well-built treadmill that will last a long time with proper maintenance.
- It has a 16-point cushion deck for excellent absorption
- Electric auto- inclines with 20 levels at 12% angle
- A 5.5 inch LCD screen with backlight
- 15 inbuilt programs with 3 customized options
- It has good quality speakers with Bluetooth and USB connection for smart devices
- It is easy to assemble
- 16 point cushion system to ease the stress on your joints
- Large running deck and belt even for a bigger size person
- It comes with 16 inbuilt programs for variation in your workouts
- Low noise on high and low speeds
The NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
This is a very good treadmill machine for home use. One of the features that attracts buyers is a virtual app from Globetrex and Google Maps to give you that outdoor feeling inside.
- 5 feet long and 22 inches wide running deck for comfort and safety
- It uses a 3.6 CHP belt motor to produce enough power for any kind of run
- This model Comes with a suspension to reduce runner’s jolt. The suspension is deactivated for competitive runners to help them prepare for professional competitions
- It comes with15 in-built exercise programs
- It has a one-year subscription from iFit coach
- It has beautiful scenery that synchronizes your pace with an interactive Globetrex video for training
- Comes with a web browser and smart devices grip
- A wireless heart rate monitor and an auto breeze fan that adjusts with the intensity of your run
- Easy folding storage with 2 ply belt, whisper-quiet technology, and 2.5 inches solid rollers
- A strong, durable easy to use control panel
The Body Fit Motorized Electric Treadmill
This simple looking treadmill improves your fitness/health from the comfort of your living room. It is a very good motorized folding treadmill with good speeds for walking or running to achieve your fitness/health dream. The easy to read display and control panel gives you a clear view of the speed, time, distance, and calories to keep track of your presence. It comes with 3 programs, easy, Intermediate, and intense workout with speeds up to 10km/h.
- Magnetic safety key that is used to stop the machine or the alarm
- It has a 3 horsepower quiet CNC motor for comfort and quietness
- A heart rate monitor
- Shock absorption technology to stop injuries
- Multi-functional design for running, belt message, dumbbell, and sit feature for full body workout
- It is super compact for small living spaces
- You get a good workout with minimal requirement
- A very easy treadmill for the first-timer
- It is durable and can accommodate a bodyweight of 100 kg
- The machine is not the most stable
- It does not have too many technology functions
The Portable F4H Motorized JK04 Folding Treadmill
The JK04 motorized treadmill is a fitness, exercise running machine for home use. Ideal for first-timers and it is the leading treadmill in the market in terms of value.
- It comes with a one year warranty on the parts, and a lifetime warranty on the motor.
- A motor engine of 0.75 horsepower and speed range of 1 – 9.9 km/h
- LED monitor display unit
- The belt dimension is 1000 x 320 mm
- Easy to move around using the wheels
- It comes with complemented drink holders
- Durable and lightweight
- It can accommodate a weight of 120 kg
The Confidence Treadmill
This beautiful pink treadmill is one of the most gifted exercise machines in the market. The treadmill is quite affordable and burns calories without much hassle in your home without going to the gym. It is an ideal machine excellent for new runners, walkers, and for those wanting to shed a few pounds. Definitely one of the best Treadmills for home use.
- A multi-function machine with an LED display showing speed, calories burned, distance, and time
- Folding design for easy storage
- It allows you to run at your own pace
- A 600W power motor with a 38.5 by 14-inch running deck
- It is suitable for up to 250 pounds of body weight
- Narrow belt not suitable for wide or tall people
The treadmill is the perfect exercise machine that covers all the basic exercise needs. It helps with your heart, breathing, joints, and burns some fat in the process. The treadmill is a good way of looking and feeling younger with each passing day. If you are into listening to music while you run then please check out this post for the best MP3’s.