THE BEST FITNESS TRACKERS IN 2020
What are the best fitness trackers?
If you want to keep up with an exercise routine or plan to achieve a set fitness goal, then the Fitbit is a must-buy for you. In my opinion, they are the best fitness trackers in 2020. If you want to view any more details on each device please click on the image provided.
The Fitbits themselves are a little gadget that keeps track of certain stats during your exercises. They are meant to record your physical alertness and gradually build a healthier person out of you without overworking you. The device keeps track of features such as heart rate, steps taken, sleep quality, diet, calories burned, and distance covered.
They are available for Men Women and kids
They are available for men and women, but Fitbit for kids was introduced to keep our adorable ones healthy with the increase in child-related illnesses due to lack of physical activities and poor diet. Fitbit doesn’t measure your blood pressure contrary to hearsay, but it will keep track of your heart. However, there is a device like Fitbit that helps track your blood pressure on the market too. If music is your thing whilst keeping fit then you may want to check this post out on The best Mp3’s for running.
Why you need one of the best fitness trackers
The obesity and weight-related issues are becoming more commonplace yearly and people need to incorporate a healthy lifestyle for health and wellbeing. Pedometers have been replaced with wearable technology that is easier to use, extremely light and can sync to our computers, laptops and smart devices in addition to giving real-time measurements of steps, distance, and calories burned. Among the most popular trackers in the market are: Fitbit, Nike Fuel band, Jawbone, and Apple.
The Fitbit Company is a signature name in the fitness industry. Essentially a pedometer, but it stands out due to the use of 3D technology that enables them to sense and track activity with precision. As part of the setup instructions to use your device, users are required to enter statistical data such as height, age, and weight into the app or on the website.
This allows the software to sync the details and monitor keenly their activities and progress. They are not just for sports and exercise enthusiasts but for everyone that intends to monitor their healthy lifestyle. Fitbit is a favourite due to them being nice and simple to use, and one of the best fitness trackers on the market.
Most device models are either clip-on or wrist-worn, however, when buying one for yourself; you have to consider the features to make a better choice. How to choose the right Fitbit for you.
To choose a Fitbit, you should consider answering the following questions satisfactorily.
- How active are you and how intense are your activities? If your workout involves walking up and down an elevated terrain, the Fitbit Ultra or One is probably the best fitness trackers as they track step elevation and climbs.
- Do you wear your device throughout the day or only during exercise? If you wear your device throughout the day, the Flex Fitbit is the best choice because it is completely waterproof and worn during sleep without disturbing your sleep.
- How will you wear your Fitbit? The Fitbit Classic, Ultra, and One are the first set of products from Fitbit that users attached to themselves since they were not wearable but clip-on.
- Do you intend to sync your Fitbit to your other devices? The cable allows you to sync your readings to your Macs or PCs. The Flex, Zip, and One can sync to smart devices by Bluetooth.
When buying a Fitbit device, keep in mind if you intend to sync with other devices. They are compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone Touch, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy and Notebook respectively.
Choosing where to buy from
Most Fitbit trackers on amazon are brand new and have not been used or removed from their packaging. Buying a Fitbit on Amazon allows buyers to read through the features and reviews with lots of varieties for designs, shapes, colours, and accessories. When buying a device, preferably make sure that all the necessary accessories like the cable to charge and sync it accompany it, else you will spend extra money to purchase them.
The most popular Fitbit accessories for you are
- Fitbit Flex accessory band
- The charger
- The Fitbit clip-on
- The syncing cable
- The sleep band
The Fitbit Aria WiFi smart scale is also an important device that tracks the users’ weight, body fat percentage, and body mass index. It also syncs wirelessly to the Fitbit online program so that you can keep tabs on your progress.
Guide for buying the best fitness trackers
Fitbit Smart wearable and wristbands have helped many adults and children suffering from weight issues to live a healthier lifestyle by keeping track of their fitness activity. Also keeping them motivated enough to keep going by using this technology. Fitbit has been at the forefront of building a healthy society and increasing the healthy lifestyle of parents and children.
The smartwatches are capable of tracking the various body metrics like calorie count, distance covered, steps taken, heart rate and much more. With a variety of options and prices, there is a Fitbit for you. However, when buying a Fitbit, consider the following:
They are fairly priced and can cost from as little as £50 and up to the region of £400 depending on the features, but wearing one is more than tracking the basics. It is now a fashion component that people wear to feel fashionable or to complement an outfit.
Depending on what you want to use the Fitbit for, should determine which one to go for. If you are a swimmer, then make sure that your Fitbit is water-resistant or waterproof to avoid wasting your money. Waterproof trackers allow you to enjoy water sports or bath with it without any problem while still recording your activity. If you are an intense trainer, a good Fitbit should be able to track your pulse to ensure that you are not overworking yourself during your exercise. The Fitbit should also be sweat resistant for durability.
The advancement of technology allows you to sync your Fitbit with your smart devices or even follow a workout that will enable you to reach your fitness goal faster and more effective than expected. If you are looking for the complete program, make sure that your Fitbit can download the app and alert you at an interval on imposing your lifestyle.
Top Fitbit Devices 2019
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart rate and Wristband
This is one of the best fitness trackers you can buy in the market. Charge 2 has a large screen compared to the original version and also has an inbuilt guided breathing feature to help you through your exercises with ease. There is also a multi-feature that allows users to keep track of all their runs and activities outdoor or indoor with any kind of exercise. The cost is very fair and worth it for all the features it possesses.
- Good and clear screen with a comfortable strap
- Heart rate tracker
- It is waterproof
- It can be in sync with your mobile device
- Compactable with Android, IOS and window devices
- The battery lasts 4 days before charging
- You can connect with the GPS on your phone to keep track of your progress
- It does not track your activity intensity
- It has no GPS
Fitbit Flex 2 Fitness Wristband
This is the best fitness tracker on a budget. Flex 2 is waterproof and excellent for water activity with an accurate tracking rate of all your movements and heart rate. The Flex 2 also comes with an alert system to keep you on track and make sure you achieve all your fitness goals.
- It comes in two sizes and a variety of colours
- 100% waterproof
- It is compactable with Android and IOS devices
- The battery lasts 5 days before recharging it
- It uses Bluetooth
- It is comfortable and extra light
- No display screen
- It is slow in charging
The Fitbit Unisex Versa Smartwatch
The Versa helps you live life to the fullest. The lightweight, water-resistant smartwatch motivates you to reach and conquer your set fitness goal with personalized guides and on-screen workouts.
- Lightweight and slimmer design
- Very cheap when compared with other Fitbit devices
- It comes with music and easy notification and reminder
- The battery lasts up to four days
- It has a heart rate tracker and compatible with Android, IOS, and Windows.
- No GPS
The Fitbit Unisex Ionic Smartwatch
The features of this smartwatch are as ionic as the name and even more. The ionic is not the classy smartwatch that most fitness people expect but if you are looking to stay focused on your fitness goals and track your activity with accurate precision then the Ionic is the best device for you. With dedicated programs and Fitbit pay, you have a routine of exercises and workout to follow throughout your fitness journey.
- A good device for a heavy activity such as weight lifting, running, swimming and more
- It is compatible with Android and IOS devices
- A 1.47-inch clear display unit that allows you to watch your workout routine on the watch
- It has a dual processor core of 1.0 GHz with a bright display
- It has a 2.5 GB storage unit and a variety of fitness options
- It has a large wristband
- It lacks several apps
- Battery duration is for 2-3 day
The Fitbit Alta HR Fitness Tracker
The Alta HR is a slimmer, finer, and stylish version of the Alta but with improved features such as the heart rate monitor and accurate tracking of all activity. Although it has no GPS and it’s not waterproof, the Alta HR tracks all your fitness activity in style. It also provides you with an alert message, notification, and reminder to keep your fitness dream alive.
- It has an adjustable strap and comes in 15 different colours
- It is flexible and comes in different colours to fit your outfit
- A display screen with excellent tracking activity
- The battery life is 7 days
- It has a heart tracker and compatible with Android, IOS, and Windows devices
- It is not waterproof
- A fairly unresponsive screen
The Fitbit Blaze Fitness smartwatch
The Blaze is a solid and durable smartwatch that is designed to track and maximize your workout to get the best out of it. The advanced technology and versatile design make this fitness watch a revolutionary device to track all your activity. It keeps track of your performance, progress, heart rate and even monitors your sleep quality. It also comes with inbuilt messaging and notification features that ensure you follow your exercise routine without missing it.
- Excellent tracking device
- Customize frame with clock
- A high-resolution touch-screen device
- It is waterproof
- It is compatible with Android, IOS, and Windows devices
- The battery life lasts 5 days before recharging
- Syncs easily with your smartphones
- Funny design
The Fitbit Surge Super Smartwatch
The super sleek surge smartwatch is designed to help push you beyond your limit and allow you to reach your peak performance. The surge is worn as a wristband with a soft strap that securely stays on as you carry out all your activities. The strap is not replaceable when damaged which is a bit of a shame.
It also has a monochrome touch screen with a clock and backlight for seeing in the dark. It gives very accurate readings especially good for recording the pulse rate of your heart even in calmer moods. Can this be one of the best fitness trackers around?
- Built-in GPS
- Alert and notifications
- Excellent tracking for all activity like calorie burn, distance traveled, steps taken and elevation and climbs
- Automatic sleep and silent alarm that monitors sleep rate and quality
- It has a large screen and compatible with Android, IOS, and Windows
- The battery lasts for 3 days
- Battery weakens faster than other Fitbits
The Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband
The Fitbit Alta focuses more on design rather than fitness features as it lacks a heart rate and sleep tracker but is very compatible with Android, IOS, and Windows. The Alta comes with different strap choices making it flow with your attire. It is not waterproof and can’t be used for swimming or any water sports. The one feature that users do like about the Alta HR is the ability to continuously track your heart even when asleep. It records each reading and you check it in the morning to know how well you are doing.
- Large screen
- Tracks your sleep rate and quality
- It is a stylish wristband that goes with your fashion wardrobe
- The battery lasts 7 days
- Excellent activity tracker
- It is not waterproof
- The screen is not very sensitive
- No heart tracker
- No GPS
The Fitbit Zip Activity Tracker
The Fitbit Zip is one of the early products from Fitbit, but it is loved by most fitness and sportspeople because it is affordable. The tracker is clip-on and does all the basics. It tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned with the time of day which can be viewed on a small LCD screen or sync with your Android or IOS app for better viewing. The tracker comes with a silicone sleeve that clips well on your belt or trousers, pocket, and bra. It might not look pretty but it clearly does all the basics for a tracker.
- It is affordable
- It is durable and portable
- A good variety of colours to choose from
- It is an excellent step tracker with accurate results on distance traveled and calories burned
- The battery life is just six months
- It does not track your heart rate and sleep quality
- It does not track elevations or stair climbs
Conclusion on the best fitness trackers
The fitness world is changing all thanks to the Fitbit technology that keeps you in check while you reach your goals. Whatever steps you intend to take concerning your health and fitness, the Fitbit is one of the best fitness trackers to accompany you through the hurdles until you achieve that goal.
The fitness trackers are not for everyone, but they can be the best motivation without judgment you need and you can download all the exercise you need and follow at your own convenience and pace. So what are you waiting for, go get yourself one and change your lifestyle to a healthy one forever with Fitbit Fitness Devices.